Saturday 3 April 2010

Sat. Project and ATC Swap

Well I am late posting these items, but I will share them now. On Sat. March 20 I had my ATCs ready for the Grind Swap so I went to Cherish The Thought for the weekly project. That week we made a gift card holder with embossing and tried out the Sizzex die cut to make a 3-D flower. This is quite pretty, the die cuts a scalloped spiral which is wound into the flower glued together and onto the front of the card holder. I added a little bead in the centre of the flower.
Then on the 21 I went to the swap which was moved to Heaven Tree Studio for the wrap-up of the ATC Exhibit and our usual monthly swap. It was a lively swap with some new people wanting to know about our regular swap and information about joining us. After the swap we had goodies and coffee and then a draw for door prizes. The shops involved in the exhibit donated prizes and Penelope made several wonderful gifts. I was the lucky winner of one of her hand made map gift bags containing a button Penelope made with a new button maker she just acquired and a lovely little handmade book. Very cute and a real treasure package.

3 comments:

Yogi said...

lots of wonderful projects. love the embossed one with the spiral flower. I don't think I've seen that embossing folder. SIGH!!

Charmaine Stack said...

Great prizes! I would love to know the name of the spiral die used to make that sweet little flower. So pretty.

Beth Akins said...

The scallop spiral flower is so pretty. Love the idea of the map bag and the goodies inside.