Wednesday 7 April 2010

Little Book 6

For my April 6 book I did something a little more complex, for me at least. I started by painting a piece of 11X24 inch HP Durable Scrim, which is a PVC banner material. I used MakingMemories Fresh Anthology acrylic paint set and used 3 of the colours for the background and 3 plus 2 other colours for foam stamps. I painted small areas of colour and used foam stamps to lift some of the colours. I did the stamping after the background paint was dry. While I just got the photo done, this book was done barely in time because of waiting for the drying time. I did a 3 signature pamphlet stitch with 2 envelopes and 1 printed cardstock based on the cover design. The yellow cord for the closure came from a grab bag of trims purchased from Dressew. and the button was from my most recent $1.99 button bag purchase. The closed book measures approx 3.5X4.5. I am pleased with how this turned out and look forward to adding ATCs, tags and journaling to this book, it's definitely staying in my own collection.

1 comment:

Yogi said...

wonderful little booklet. I can understand it staying in your collection. BIG GRIN