Tuesday 7 July 2009

Lavender Tea ATC

I've taken a break from knitting for awhile today and worked on some ATCs. I still have some tea themed paper napkins from doing the pages for the Tea Fat Book, so I did some ATCs. I cut my cardstock to 3.5in x 5in and folded it to 2.5in x 3.5in and cut the top corners to resemble a tea bag shape. I used matt medium to glue a piece of the paper napkin to the front side of the ATC. I used my Moxie font for the Quick Kutz squeeze die cut machine and glued the work "tea" on the front. On the back I rubbed some purple ink over the cardstock then stamped a gauze background stamp with Tea Dye Distressed Ink. I wrote the title with a purple Pilot gel ink pen. I used double stick tape to close the bottom and side to form a pocket.
The front of the little Tea "Bag" tag that goes into the packet was made from a 2in x 2.5in piece of Core Color cardstock, corners cut and stamped with the gauze stamp and Tea Dye Distress Ink the run through the Cuttlebug embossing folder. I used matt medium to glue a paper napkin lavender image on. The back of the tag is white cardstock stamped with the gauze stamp and tea cup stamp.

4 comments:

Yogi said...

nice. I don't think I've ever tasted lavender tea.

Beth Akins said...

These are wonderful! love the shape.
Thanks for the nomination, by the way, I'll get to it soon.
b

artlover said...

Hi Linda!
Did you participate with the Vancouver ATC Group on the Tea Project.

Mariette xox

okanagan_spirit said...

Mariette, the Linda you see commenting here is a member of another of my groups and is in Ontario, so no she did not participate, but I did. And I love the finished book. Oh and Linda is the person who gave me the blog award which I passed on to you.
Joanne