Wednesday 1 July 2009

Great Weekend

Last weekend was pretty great, I started Sat morning with a little weeding, not my favourite activity, but it makes the yard look better. When I came in I decided to search in boxes for a piece of denim fabric I had, didn't find the denim, but opened another box and found to my great delight the shuttle for my knitting machine. It went missing during our move and I probably would have used the knitting machine last year to make the felted journal wraps instead of hand knitting 13 of these in such a short time. Oh well, I'm sure everyone who received the journals appreciate them being hand knit instead of by machine. Sat afternoon I went to Cherish The Thought scrapbooking store in Port Moody for the demo of the Quick Kutz Squeeze die cut machine and make and take. We made these cute cards using the dress die and an embossing folder and an alpha die set.

Then I decided I liked the Moxie alphabet and used it to put a title on my Sewn Illusion journal. I liked the cover the way it was, so didn't do much to it besides the die cut letters and I borrowed the ribbon and sewing bobbin idea from Penelope that she used for the Tea Book.

No comments: