Friday 22 January 2010

Life Stories Mini Album



I took my second class at Cherish The Thought on Wed. and had a wonderful private session with Jessie. It's unfortunate no one else signed up for the Wed. morning class because this is a nice little album and the Basic Grey papers I used are just gorgeous. The good thing for me is that the lovely Jessie does not cancel a class if even one person signs up. This book starts with KaiserKraft mdf Antique Tags kit and a selection of the Basic Grey papers in the Life Stories line. I started out removing the shapes from the punch out sheet and then moved on to mostly straight cutting with my paper trimmer. A few of the rectangular pieces were cut to the shape of the top of the tag. Then I started adding the little tags and word pieces, tying on sheer brown ribbon to some. There is one little rubber stamp image added to one page and all the edges are rubbed with brown ink. I tied some off white and brown sheer ribbon to the ring and will probably add more. My little album is just waiting for me to choose some photos and do some journaling. This was a great class and I love the book so much I bought another tag kit and have lots of paper to finish it. I'll need some embellishments though, because most of that sheet was used.

6 comments:

Yogi said...

very nice. You say MDF which is wood. So your little booklet is made from wood rather than chipboard?

Have fun adding pics and journalling in it and the other one you're going to make.

okanagan_spirit said...

Thanks Yogi Yes it's wood and I forgot to give the measurements, the largest tag is 2.5 in. by 6 in.

Art By Wanda said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!!

Robyn said...

I like the altered edges on the tags.
blessings,
robyn

Quietfire said...

I *love* those tags!

Charmaine Stack said...

I adore these vintage looking tags. What a sweet teacher to take the time even for one student. That is a true teacher's heart!