Sunday 8 March 2009

Created Byhand Challenge March 2




This weeks challenge is to create art using the word "Believe" and since I was already making this little journal for my blog candy it was perfect for the challenge. For the covers I used scrapbook cardstock and the front cover includes the word BELIEVE. I glued the cardstock to 4X4 in. coasters for the front and back covers, distressed with a sanding block and Vintage Photo Distressed Ink and rubbed the edges with Spun Gold acrylic paint.
The first page is a mono-print background I made awhile ago using watercolour paper and gel paints. I cut it to size, stamped the word believe with an alphabet stamp and Sage pigment ink pad. Next I stamped my favourite quote, which Suzanne at Quietfire Design has made into a beautiful rubber stamp, with Timber Brown StazOn ink. The rest of the other 11 pages are blank watercolour paper and the journal is bound with the Zutter BindItAll. This journal is part of the blog candy in the previous post so you might want to check that out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne, trying again. Let me know if I managed to tell you that I love your bead work. You've come a long way with your Artistry. Anne