Wednesday 20 February 2008

Of Valentine ATCs and Breaks





I had this nice post I was getting ready about some ATCs I was creating for the Grind swap in the theme of fabric and fibre, but was going to do more before I posted. Well since on Wed, Feb. 13 I opted for this glamourous fashion accessory which goes with everything, I only got 2 done. So since my art work is limited until the broken wrist heals, I have decided to show you what I did. I found these wonderful hair elastics at a dollar store and with 2 per card there was lots of ribbons and potential. I used this great image from recycled cardstock and punched holes down one side. I tied the ribbon and some fibre into the holes. For the second ATC I mounted it on black cardstock and lettered "Valentine" with silver gel pen. I spaced the holes further apart on this one, so there is not as many pieces of ribbon and fibre. I did get to the monthly swap at the Grind and these 2 were quickly swapped along with 2 others I had.

5 comments:

Beth Akins said...

Yikes! Look at that arm! Take care- nice project1
Beth

Quietfire said...

Oh, Joanne! I had to use my brighter monitor so I could see the glorious colours of your thumb! I think you need some of those ribbons on your "cast"! Hope you can make some more wonderful creations soon! Suzanne

Art By Wanda said...

I can see why your atcs were quickly swapped... they are yummy!!!

Just looking at the picture of your hand makes mine hurt.... ouch!!

Sandie R said...

The ATCs are lovely Joanne. I like the red and white theme of them but that other colour scheme you have going on not so good. I'm sure you (your hand) looks better in another colour. LOL Hope things don't take to long to heal up.

Lindart said...

Good thinking outside the box Joanne! Take care of that wrist - it looks painful!