Wednesday 1 September 2010

Creative Escape Journal Page Aug 31

This page in my Creative Escape Journal evolved this morning with inspiration from a link on the MmarioKknits Yahoo group. One of the members posted about this Erika Knight baby hat pattern which has a lovely edging on the bottom that the member is using for other projects. I saw the flower and edging and thought it just had to be done in my journal. This is done on one of the coffee dyed watercolour pages. I converted an old black and white photo to sepia and layered it over a kraft and dark brown cardstock. The lace flower and edging are knitted with 2.25 mm needles and a light brown cotton thread. I used some of the same thread to sew the edging to the edge of the page and to sew a button to the centre of the flower. The words are rubber stamped with a clear alphabet set and Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

3 comments:

Yogi said...

very nice. Looks like a nice pattern. Love it in the brown.

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!!! Almost makes me wish I could knit... love laces things!!!

Charmaine Stack said...

I just love when you add lace to your projects. Makes them so personal and special!