Saturday, 14 February 2009

Altered Tin


Altered Tin
Originally uploaded by okanagan_spirit
This is the second part of assignment 2 of the online course I am taking. I used a large tomato tin and painted with white craft acrylic paint with a little of African Violet paint mixed in. The centre band is a strip of coffee stained cotton fabric rubber stamped with a floral background stamp with purple dye based ink. A strip of green ribbon is added along the top and bottom of the cotton and silk daisies are glued on. The feet on the bottom of the tin are three sets of 3 buttons glued together and the handle on the lid is 2 buttons and a chipboard button glued on. You may like to see a previous altered tin I created for holding ATC blanks. I think this one will be a Note caddy for holding notes and quotes I collect.

1 comment:

Angie said...

That's really sweet :)