Saturday, 12 April 2008
I finally got back to some creating today and altered a small clipboard (6X9). Since my right hand is still not fully functioning, this is still mostly done left-handed. I lightly sanded the front of the clipboard, then brushed on a coat of gesso. Next I applied matt medium and pressed white tissue paper on, allowing it to crinkle. I applied more matt medium on the tissue and folded the excess overhang back on top and allowed more crinkles to form. More matt medium was brushed over and acrylic paint was sponged on while the matt medium was still wet. I used African Violet, Lavender, Antique white and Maple craft acrylics. When that was dry I sponged on Spun Gold and Morning Silver. When this was dry I used brown Stazon to stamp most of the images from the Mini Compilation collection rubber stamps from Quietfire Design. Three sizes of paper flowers were assembled with a brad and glued to the clip along with several fibres. For the back I cut 2 pieces of paper from Memory Stor Handmade Paper collections, one from Deep Shadows and one from Natural Neutrals. I stacked the 2 together and tore them, then used 1 of each torn piece glued to the back.